If you've got a little walker, then winter shoes are a must. Barefoot, of course, doesn't work in the rain,...
If you've got a little walker, then winter shoes are a must. Barefoot, of course, doesn't work in the rain, snow and ice. Now, that said, if you're trying to live green, you may run into issue because locating eco-friendly shoes isn't always easy. Here's what to look for:
- Sustainable and natural materials like recycled or reclaimed leather (NOT new leather), rubber, organics and so on.
- Choose safe baby shoes, not just eco-friendly shoes. Some companies make one or the other, but not both.
- Less toxic dyes - for example a shoe company may use child safe dyes vs. chemical dyes.
- A long life - baby and toddler shoes don't need to last very long, because before you know it, your tot will need a new size. However, that's no reason for shoe companies to make shady shoes. That's a waste of materials and energy, not to mention your cash. You want shoes you can pass on to another parent or save if you're planning on more kids.
- Robeez 1st Stepz Button up Bootie - taupe - SO cute! made with organic canvas and recycled leather upper, 30% recycled rubber sole and water-soluble inks.
- Toddler's Boys' Woogee - Washable Suede or Toddler's Girls' Woogee - Washable Suede
- Infant's Weegee - Washable Suede - keep baby feet warm in these super eco-shoes - too many green attributes to list. Other styles and colors available too.
- Zipper Boot Phoenix-Green for toddlers.
- Pretty in Pink or Little Harley.