Kicky Pants is a family owned company, started by mama Erin Cloke when she couldn't find any eco-friendly clothing she...
Kicky Pants is a family owned company, started by mama Erin Cloke when she couldn't find any eco-friendly clothing she adored for her kids. I recently got a super cute baby bamboo one-piece to review and it's ultra soft, very cute, and best of all affordable.
I got a print bamboo one-piece (as shown above) in the sweet green, cream, and brown stripe print design (also shown above). This one-piece is 95% certified organic bamboo and 5% Lycra. It comes in sizes 6-24 months and in many other prints - some sweet and some bold. The pros: Made with healthy bamboo which has many benefits:
- When organically grown, is far less toxic than conventional cotton.
- Bamboo is naturally hypo-allergenic and anti-bacterial.
- Bamboo helps to prevent odor, allergies and skin irritations.
- Bamboo is a moisture wicking material thus it keeps little ones warmer than cotton in cool weather and cooler than cotton in warm weather.
- Bonus – bamboo is a great sustainable material – overabundant and grow well all on its own.
- Double bonus – bamboo makes the softest clothing. Great for next to baby's skin.
- The one-piece is not tag-less. I'm not sure about the rest of their items, but tags and babies don't mix all that well. Too itchy. You can remove a tag though - just be careful.
- The Kicky Pants website is hard to manage. As a consumer it took me a long time to figure out how to access their online shop - the site seems more set up for wholesale folks.