Yesterday we looked at one worry of pregnancy - that your pregnancy may be ectopic. While ectopic pregnancy is rare,...
Yesterday we looked at one worry of pregnancy - that your pregnancy may be ectopic. While ectopic pregnancy is rare, that doesn't mean that it can't happen and you should be aware of the warning signs. General warning signs of an ectopic pregnancy:
- Severe lower abdomen pain (almost always on one side only) starting anywhere from the 6th to 12th week of pregnancy.
- You may experience brown vaginal spotting or even some vaginal bleeding. Usually bleeding will come before you feel abdominal pain.
- Nausea and vomiting. Not a reliable sign, because plenty of women get morning sickness.
- Some women have shoulder pain or rectal pressure.
- If the tube ruptures you will experience very heavy bleeding. No matter the cause, heavy bleeding during a pregnancy always warrants a trip to the emergency room.