Exercise is important during pregnancy, that's a fact. What's a myth though, is that you have to take a prenatal...
Exercise is important during pregnancy, that's a fact. What's a myth though, is that you have to take a prenatal exercise class. There are benefits to taking an exclusively prenatal exercise class:
- Your class will be perfectly coordinated for pregnant women.
- You won't need to adjust the workout yourself.
- You can meet other pregnant women, share pregnancy experiences, and make friends.
- You won't feel bigger than everyone else in class.
- Get an ok from your prenatal care provider before starting a class.
- Watch your pregnancy heart rate.
- Be careful to avoid slips and trips during your workout.
- Make sure you're lifting weight correctly during pregnancy.
- If you're in a yoga class - follow basic safety rules.
- Like when you're in any exercise class, watch for warning signs that you're working too hard, and quit if you notice any.