Tub time is usually a super fun splashy time for tots, but make sure you play it safe 100%...
Tub time is usually a super fun splashy time for tots, but make sure you play it safe 100% of the time with these tips:
- Always empty the tub after you're done; even baby tubs. You'd be surprised how a fast moving baby can surprise you and a little one can drown in under a minute, and in as little as one inch of water.
- Once your baby can sit up in the big tub, place a non-skid mat under his bum to protect him. It's also smart to place a towel under your own bum, outside the tub. You slipping on splash puddles is just as dangerous as your baby slipping.
- Set your water heater to 120 degrees F. If he accidentally turns on the faucet he won't be scalded.
- Use a safety spout cover to protect his little head from bumps.
- Know your infant CPR basics and never leave a baby alone in the bathroom ever. If you have to leave the bathroom, that baby is going with you.