In my experience, dads-to-be don't always do as much research into labor, birth, and babies as mamas do. Some dads...
In my experience, dads-to-be don't always do as much research into labor, birth, and babies as mamas do. Some dads do of course, just not many I know.
That said, one of the major reasons to attend childbirth classes is to provide dads with a crash course in what's coming. If your guy is trying to avoid childbirth classes, here's a list of reasons why he should attend. Print it out and share it with him.
- Learn what your partner is going through during her pregnancy.
- Know what to expect when your partner goes into labor, and the signs you should watch for.
- Find out how your baby is developing.
- Get tips about how to prepare your home for your baby.
- Learn about ways to help your partner get through labor - massage, breathing exercises, and more.
- Find out what happens during a typical birth and also what could happen if there's a problem.
- Learn about common labor medications and procedures.
- Start building ideas about how to be a good parent.
- Your partner will feel like you're a team - it's hard to be pregnant and not be in this together (from the woman's side). Trust me, you will be far more adored, the more involved you are.
- Your baby deserves your full attention, even before he arrives. Studies show that the more involved a father is with his kids, the healthier and happier kids are.