Sometimes we see so many cute baby toys, clothing, and adorable blankets that we forget what gifts a new mama...
Sometimes we see so many cute baby toys, clothing, and adorable blankets that we forget what gifts a new mama really needs. Instead of flowers when a new baby is born consider these gifts for a new mama:
- Sherry at Inside Motherhood says give her a gift that will be appreciated (hint: it's not tickle me Elmo).
- An offer to clean her home once a week for the first month after the baby comes -- even doing the dishes twice a week is helpful.
- A break. Take the new baby in your arms for a couple of hours so that a new mama can get some rest.
- Arrange all those baby pictures piling up into a nice scrapbook. Yes, after even a couple of weeks photos of a new baby pile up. Put them in an album so that a new mama can enjoy them.
- Give her the gift of a postpartum doula.
- Sometimes it's more what you don't give. Try to hold of giving advice comment after advice comment. It's annoying and if a new mama needs help she'll usually ask. She wants to do things her way not your way. Absolutely do not criticize her either. Instead offer support and praise for her job as a new mama. That's sometimes the best gift you can give.