We have 3D pictures of Scarlett and she is beautiful! I went in on Tuesday for my 28 week appointments and for the ultrasound to check the fluid AND have my glucose test AND have my Rhogam shot. So, I decided to take a half day of work since this was all going to take a while.

I got there at 12:45 and had my ultrasound done first. She was measuring RIGHT on at 28 weeks and 1 day, even thought at that day I was 28 weeks and 2 days. The fluid level is fine as well. I'm just measuring big because I carry weight in my belly. It could also have to do with the position she is in. Her heart rate was 150.

Well, then I had to drink the glucose drink. I had only eaten some eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast because they told me to stay away from sugary foods. By the time I got that drink I was so dang hungry that it was about the most delicious thing I had ever drank. I had heard horror stories about the taste, but it was really like a super thick, sugary Kool-Aid. I had no problem getting it down. She told me to come back in exactly one hour to have my blood drawn to check my sugar levels.

I saw Dr. Baker ? nothing really happened there. It was more of a "how are you doing, good, glad to see you ? come back in two weeks" kind of thing. Since the ultrasound was good, there was no need for anything else.

An hour later I went back to have my blood drawn and get my Rhogam shot. I don't know if I've explained the Rhogam or not. I've got 0- blood and we don't know what Steve has. Because I am Rh-, there is a possibility that my blood type could start to view Scarlett's blood as foreign and attack it. They give the Rh shot so this doesn't happen. If we knew that Steve for sure had a negative blood type, I wouldn't have to get it. But, we don't know, so I got it. I have to have one more shot after the birth ? I don't know why. I just said OK figuring they knew what they were talking about.

I had been contemplating the best time to have a 3D/4D ultrasound done with Scarlett and Dr. Baker said we were about at an optimal time. When I checked out, I decided to ask if there was anything left open for the day ? and I'll be damned, there was. There was an appointment open at 5:00! I of course took it and immediately called Steve to tell him we were going to be able to see our little girl! He came and picked me up and took me to dinner because I was STARVING and then we headed back to the office for the ultrasound. We stopped and picked up some OJ and some Skittles in hopes that having my blood sugar high would make her active and we would get good pictures. Afterall, this ultrasound costs $100 and an extra $20 to videotape it and we wanted good pictures!

I got into the ultrasound room and the ultrasound was started. About five minutes into it, the booger TURNED with her BACK to us! UGH! No matter how much prodding or pushing, we could not get her to turn back. The lady said that she had to leave for the day, but the other tech would finish it. They wanted me to go and walk around and drink another coke. After 15 minutes, I went back, jumped (ha, ha) back onto the table, and we started. The booger was STILL turned around. Dead asleep. I mean, DEAD asleep. She wasn't budging. We tried for about another 20 minutes and were able to get some sort of profile shots of her, but none of us were happy with what we got. She said to come back next time and just remind her of this and she would try again to get some pictures. I didn't have a problem with that. Seeing my girl in three more weeks certainly isn't going to kill me!

I have the pictures hanging up in my classroom, on the fridge, and put into Steve's wallet. I covet those pictures more than just about anything. I can hardly wait to compare those with the "real" thing.

This past week I've started to really feel more pregnant, too. I've noticed a noticeable difference in my belly and how comfortable I am. Bending and picking things up is a chore. I can't imagine what it will be like two months from now. It's just started to not feel as wonderful. I suppose I am into the 3rd trimester now and this should be expected?but, wouldn't it be awesome if it didn't have to happen that way?

I'm craving Fruity Pebbles cereal. Cookies. Candy. Airheads! Hamburgers with French fries and honey mustard. Oh man, that sounds so good right about now. I would die for it, I believe!

Stacie and Jerrie's friend, Sharon Reynolds are throwing me a shower on March 11th. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm so excited that I'm having one big shower with everyone there. Small showers are nice, but my wedding shower was small and intimate. I'm ready for one with everyone there!

We bought a diaper bag yesterday ? a backpack ? that is "manly" enough for Steve to carry around. We also decided to change our band of bottles to the Dr. Brown's ones with the special air vent flow system thingies. It seems like I'm adding and deleting on the registries every day practically.

I just can't wait for her to be here. She is bumping around right now as I write. It just makes it all that much harder to wait. However, I can't say I'm not loving being able to sleep the whole night interrupted! PregnancyAndBaby.com


recommended for you