Right now we're looking at the AMA decision to outlaw homebirth; because I'm not thrilled. So far I've posted some...
Right now we're looking at the AMA decision to outlaw homebirth; because I'm not thrilled. So far I've posted some follow up resources including these posts:
- American Medical Association decides to try and outlaw home birth
- The Business of Being Born
- Why I’m not a midwife
- Outcomes of planned home births with certified professional midwives: large prospective study in North America - this study was a big old deal when it first came out. It's an excellent read.
- Investing in midwives crucial to improving maternal health, stresses UN official
- HOMEBIRTH: AS SAFE AS BIRTH GETS
- Giving birth: home can be better than hospital
- The safety of homebirth - what science has to say (pdf)
- A huge selection of scientific abstracts related to homebirth safety