Be Sure You're Pregnant (Or Not)
Home pregnancy tests are easy to use: Just pee on the test stick and get the results. They're not infallible, though. Here are a few ways to maximize the accuracy of your home pregnancy test.
Tips courtesy of Womenshealth.gov:
- Wait at least a week after missing a period to take a pregnancy test.
- Check the test's expiration date.
- Always read the specific pregnancy test's instructions before taking the test, and follow those instructions to the letter.
- Take your home pregnancy test first thing in the morning.
- In most cases, you should wait 10 minutes before checking the results of your test. Again, check your specific test's directions to be sure.