It's Domestic Violence Awareness Month So Do Something To Keep Yourself And Your Friends Safe.
As noted before it's Domestic Violence Awareness Month. In case you missed the round-up, check out these posts first: What...
As noted before it's Domestic Violence Awareness Month. In case you missed the round-up, check out these posts first:
- What is intimate partner violence?
- Some basic facts about domestic violence during pregnancy.
- Is your relationship abusive?
- Common misconceptions about domestic violence and abuse.
- Domestic and sexual violence crimes are pervasive, life-threatening and affect millions in our nation, regardless of age, economic status, race, religion or education.
- Nearly 1 in 4 women will be beaten or raped by a partner during adulthood
- Every day in the United States, an average of 3 women will be killed by a current or former intimate partner.
- Around 15.5 million children are exposed to domestic violence every year.
- Children exposed to violence are more likely to attempt suicide, abuse drugs and alcohol, run away from home, engage in teenage prostitution and commit sexual assault crimes.
- Males who are exposed to physical abuse, sexual abuse, and domestic violence as children are almost 4 times more likely than other men to commit domestic violence crimes as an adult.