You can either make pediatrician appointments harder on everyone or try to make them go a little smoother. I'm guessing...
You can either make pediatrician appointments harder on everyone or try to make them go a little smoother. I'm guessing you want easy vs. tough appointments so here are some helpful tips...
- Call ahead if you're going to be late or if you have to cancel. Other parents will thank you and staff in a smaller clinic will remember you and appreciate it. Learn the best time to make a pediatrician appointment!
- Don't show up super early then complain to the staff about waiting. Usually in doctor offices appointments are pretty tightly scheduled.
- Take as few kids as possible. Doctor offices are germ breeding grounds, and I know you don't want four sick kiddos all at once. Plus it's harder to manage the actual appointment with extra kids in the room.
- Take along a few toys and snacks, BUT leave the snacks for after the appointment. Children are often reluctant to give up food and your pediatrician may need to look in your baby's mouth or at his hands - tough if he's munching food.
- Unplug when at the appointment. Cell phones, BlackBerries, and other electronic devices take up time and interrupt the appointment.